The Kids

The Kids

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Nice Words

After listening to Abby and Caleb argue with each other while I was making dinner, I came up with the perfect solution to stop them.

I announced, "From now on, you have to really think about what you are about to say before the words come out of your mouth."

I thought it sounded like the perfect thing to say.  You know, because kids always listen to their parents.

Abby was quiet and chose her words carefully throughout dinner.  Caleb was thoughtful, too.  I saw him staring off into space and then gradually grinning.  He said (half to himself, but half to us), "No, I can't say that."  Then he continued to think and grinned again and said, "Nope, can't say that, either."

Somehow, I do not think I made my lesson stick very well as I could not stop laughing.

No comments: