The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Resolutions

Another new year and another pile of resolutions and goals to set for the year.

I'm thinking that "writing more" should probably be at the top of the list, eh?

Okay, so #1-Be more consistent with writing.  Which means less Netflix and less excuses.  Which means I should go turn the tv off now while I am typing this.

#2-Eat healthy.  So perhaps eating candy from the kids' stash while they are at school might not be the best idea?  Hmm.

My mind is often scattered and overwhelmed with what I need to accomplish so #3-Make a scheduled to do list and actually do it when it's scheduled.  So that does mean I should schedule when to watch Netflix and eat candy?

#4-Go the gym more often.  Done-I go all the time.  Oh wait-not just for socialization?  I am wearing yoga pants while chatting with friends so that counts, right?

#5 Have more patience with my kids.  So, raising my voice at Caleb this morning because he was complaining about his coat being "too thick to throw a football in" was not the best way to send him out into the world of learning?  But, surely rolling my eyes at Abby's latest emotional breakdown and getting frustrated with Noah pooping in his underwear was justified.

Hmm...only five resolutions in and it looks like 2015 is going to be a delightful year.  By this time next year, I will have my college body back and my kids will be perfectly behaved and loved.

Or maybe I should just do what most people do-make a resolution to not make any more resolutions.

No comments: