The Kids

The Kids

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wrong Side Of The Bed

I have had days where I believed the expression, "woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Many of those happened during the infant stages of my children in which every night I woke up to a crying baby every few hours.

Fun times.

This afternoon, Caleb woke up in such a way. I heard him crying and thought that was strange, since he was finally taking a good nap. When I went to check on him, I was confused because he was not in his bed. I finally found him behind the glider, lying on his stomach (which was digging into the leg of the glider), next to a few books.

Apparently, he was reading behind the chair (why he was not in the chair is beyond me) and fell asleep. I suppose if I woke up with my belly digging into the bottom of a chair, I would be slightly grumpy as well.

I wanted to take a picture of him in that position for this post, but I thought it might be cruel. Let's see-child crying in pain and I a) run to comfort him or b) snap a picture.

As you can see with the absence of the picture, I was a good mom today.

No comments: