The Kids

The Kids

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sweet Caleb

Here is yet another post of quotes from my sweet Caleb.

While talking about Santa Claus the other day and hearing his big sister brag about how good she has been all year, Caleb came to a conclusion about himself.  He said, "Well, I guess I won't be getting any presents this year, then."  When we asked why, he said it was because he is always getting in trouble and not very good.

While this comment was breaking my heart, his always loving sister replied, "That's okay, Caleb, other people in the family will give you gifts."

Nice, Abby.  Very nice.

Today, Abby asked me if Santa Claus speaks all of the languages.  Caleb answered for me by saying, "Yep. He says "Ho, ho, ho."

It does make sense that every language would interpret that the same.

In the meantime, we have discovered a new thing about Caleb.  After taking him to the doctor concerning a consistent cough, we were told that he has some fluid in his ears that is most likely limiting his hearing.  Perhaps all of those times where we thought he was ignoring us, he simply was not hearing us.  It still amazes me, though, that if I whisper something like "candy," "cars," or "dessert," his hearing is fine.

What a fun boy.

No comments: