The Kids

The Kids

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Church Lessons

One of my favorite things about our church is the children's program. From an early age, they begin learning Bible stories and come home full of information. Sometimes it is a guessing game to figure out what exactly they learned since we are hearing from a young perspective, but it is always entertaining.

Given what my kids have said recently, I am curious to what they have been taking in.

-Caleb came out of his room yesterday during his nap (i.e. goof off and destroy his room) time and said, "Mom, I don't want to die and get a new body because I like my skin."

Um, okay.

I reassured him that he does not have to worry about dying right now and I am sure God would understand if he wants to keep his skin. Anything to comfort the kid. He was still worried about this and cried a little when he went back to bed.

Either my son is really sensitive or he was stalling from naptime-take a guess at which reason I think was true.

-Abby mentioned this morning how adults do not have recess. Then she stopped herself and said, "Well, I guess they have recess at church sometimes. Like when they come out and stand around and talk loudly. That must be like recess because they get to be loud together."

Pretty observant.

-Another mom from church mentioned to me that her son was talking about how she and her husband were slaves under Pharoah in Egypt. He must think they are really old.

Okay, so maybe they are not Biblical scholars quite yet, but at least their little minds are thinking.

No comments: