The Kids

The Kids

Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Beginning

After watching my husband get his thoughts out through his blog, I am finally inspired to create my own. While he writes about whatever subject is on his mind and often creates lots of discussion, I thought I would be a little more light-hearted and share lessons that I learn from home.

I have been staying at home since the birth of my daughter a few years ago. When I first left the work force and stayed home with her, I thought my moments of learning new things would be on hold for a few years. Obviously I was learning all about being a new mother-changing diapers, keeping a feeding and napping schedule, what these little creatures do week by week, etc. But, as far as life lessons and thought provoking moments, I thought I was done. Then, my daughter began forming words and a whole new world of lessons began.

If you have not met my daughter, Abby, let me describe this sweet child. She is now 3 ½ years old, curly blond hair and shining blue eyes. She has more energy in the first five minutes she is awake each day that I could ever dream of having on my best day. She never stops talking, thinking and noticing absolutely everything that is going on around her. I am exhausted at the end of each day, but am usually left humbled as well.

Now my son, Caleb, is starting to form words and so far is doing a good job of following in his sister’s footsteps. He is almost 20 months old and can understand pretty much everything we tell him. He now says many words and considers himself quite the character. Between these two children, my life has been blessed with daily lessons of God's provisions and character. On moments when I feel inspired, I will share the stories from our home.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

A Cincy Mama said...

Yay...Hi, Tammy! So glad that you've started this and I look forward to more lessons and stories from life with your sweet ones.