The Kids

The Kids

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Have you ever noticed that the home you might seem discontent with is suddenly so wonderful when you have been away for awhile? We got home from vacation last night around 11:00 p.m. and I was so happy to step inside our house. The thoughts of what I want to change about it or the fact that we have it on the market to sell never crossed my mind. All I thought about was how grateful I was to relax and be settled.

The kids felt the same gratitude and expressed it in the following ways...
Caleb walked into the house and yelled, "Abby's house!"
Abby ran inside and into every corner of the downstairs yelling, "It's my light! It's my drumset! It's my toys!"
Then they both sat down and started building a tower with blocks, pretty much right in the middle of the living room where we were trying to walk and put down luggage.

I love that my kids are happy to be home. They had a great time on vacation, but I could tell by the end, they were ready for their own beds and the place where they felt the most safe. I felt the same way. I know this house is temporary and so are all the items inside, but there is something comfortable about being here. I have to remind myself of this every time I feel discontent about the little things.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks for sharing your life Tammy...You are a great mom and wife..my nephew IS lucky to have you in his life! Glad you trip was fun and that your home safe as well. Next year, the Costanzo's are coming with ya'll!! Love, (Aunt Karen)

Anonymous said...

Tammy, not to be super religious, but it also reminds me of being restless and not settled here in this life because we are not HOME yet!

Tammy said...

I was thinking of Heaven as well, but figured I had written on that a lot, lately so I just stuck with this home this time. It's true, though, and that's why we are never truly content until then.

A Cincy Mama said...

Glad you are back!