The Kids

The Kids

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day To My Daddy

No, I am not a junior high girl who finds it cool to take names and make acronyms from them, but for now, I am regressing to my youthful side and doing this with my dad's name. Because no Father's Day card says what I want to say and this is the only way I can find to try and explain what he means to me.

W-Willing to help anyone at anytime
I-Inquisitive and genuinely wanting to know how we are feeling about things
L-Loving, in the ultimate, sacrificial way
L-Listening, and not just hearing, to what is going on around him
I-Intelligent
A-Athletic (seriously, the man can still outrun me, even when I am not pregnant)
M-Meaningful-everything he does is with purpose

B-Blessing to those around him in more ways than he can imagine
E-Encouraging
C-Considerate
K-Kind

Okay, so these adjectives do not even come close to how I feel about my father. What can one say when blessed with such a man for a dad? How can there be enough thank-you's for the man who daily sacrifices for his family, who works so hard to provide, who sets a godly example of what a man should be, and who does not get the appreciation that he deserves?

I love you, Daddy. Happy Father's Day to the man who saved our lives. God blessed our family with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tammy, you could have not said it better...it's ALL sooooo true!

ACarol