The Kids

The Kids

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

4th Birthday

Happy 4th Birthday to my sweet Caleb Paul.

Seriously, four years old? How did that happen?

This has been a joyous year watching you grow. You can gone from a boy in his "terrible three's" to a happy preschooler. Every time I watch you leave for school proudly carrying your backpack, I am amazed at how easily you adjust to new surroundings. My little man who always loved to stay home (and still does, for the most part) goes to school every morning and enjoys every bit of it.

I am told by your teacher that you are very kind to your friends. You share and help them and always listen. Even though I would appreciate it even more if you showed some of that attitude toward your sister, I am so proud to hear what kind of boy you have become.

Your energy sometimes exhausts me, but it is so fun to see you enjoy life. Your love of baseball makes your Daddy proud (so does your tendency for throwing, batting, and kicking as a lefty) and it makes all the nicks in the walls from your indoor sporting practices worth it.

I am looking forward to seeing you as a big brother any day now. Your love for the baby that you have not met, yet, is so sweet. I know you will take care of him and not gang up on your sister...right?

I love you, my dear Caleb, and am blessed beyond belief to have you in my life. Happy Birthday.

No comments: