The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mommy Ailment

Noah has been suffering from an ailment that I like to call "Need More Mommy."

The symptoms include crying when set down on the floor, crawling after one's mommy everywhere that she goes, and not being happy in anyone else's arms, but one's mommy.

Other signs of this disease are whining, lack of motivation to play alone, and an irrational fear of one's mommy not returning from the bathroom.

The prescription is to simply outgrow it and eventually give one's mommy a bit of freedom.  Sometimes it takes a few days, other times it takes months.  Either way, I am hoping my little boy soon figures out that he does not have to be my shadow every second of every day.

At least he is really cute and forgiveable.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh I SO hear you on this one, but my little one can't yet crawl after me. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing! Glad to know it's a stage, and hope for both of us they are short ones.