The Kids

The Kids

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Yes, It Breaks

I have heard the quote "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."  After this morning, I am thinking that is fairly accurate.

My day started great.  Woke up at 5:45 to work-out, read my Bible and started my routine of packing lunches, backpacks, and making a bottle.  Woke everyone up and then I made my first mistake.  I told Caleb to use the potty right away.

I do not know what I was thinking.

To clarify, he still wears a pull-up at night.  The boy cannot wake up to use the bathroom no matter what we have done.  I am told this is still normal for a lot of boys and since they still make pull-ups for his size, I have not been too worried.  However, I am trying to stress going right before bed and right when he gets up.

Well, apparently, Mr. Sunshine was not awake enough to agree with me that he needed to go.  First argument of the morning.  Add on fighting with his sister, being a complete slowpoke getting dressed, and again refusing to use the bathroom-well, my voice was not the quietest.

It seems that when I begin a bad mood, then everyone has to follow suit.  Suddenly, all attitudes were negative and everything that could go wrong, did.  Not finding items needed for school that day, realizing Caleb had wet his bed (even with a pull-up?) and above all of those things, Noah following me around and whining the entire time.

I think my favorite part was after everyone left, door slamming behind them, I dared to empty the dishwasher.  As I put the silverware away (figuring I should do that first, since Noah could grab a knife and hurt himself) I heard a crash.  Somehow, my 10 month old grabbed a Corelware bowl and dropped it on the floor, causing it to shatter in a thousand pieces.

The reason we have Corelware and not nice dishes is because of children-it is not supposed to break!

Well, evidently, it does.  You know...from the fierce strength of a baby.

Even as I type this, my normally content baby is screaming in his crib like someone is torturing him.  (Do not worry, I checked on him and he is fine-I am not that bad of a parent.)

Sometimes I think my day could be a lot easier if I just stopped after the work-out and quiet time.  But, how boring would that be?

Even on mornings like this, I know I am supposed to strive to be the Proverbs wife.  You know-the one none of us moms like to think about.  Thank God for his grace because I continue to fail miserably in the role He has called me to.

The crabby baby is finally starting to fall asleep so I will attempt to take a shower.  I am a little hesitant to find out what catastrophe occurs while I take five minutes for myself.

No comments: