The Kids

The Kids

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Happy Birthday 7 Year Old

So, this happened.

Caleb turned 7 today.  7!  Yes, I know-shocking.

I just love this kid so much.  He is never boring and I am so proud of who he is growing up to be.

Caleb loves sports.  All sports.  He runs around at soccer practice for 90 minutes, then the moment his coach says they are done, he grabs a football and starts throwing with his teammates.  He goes to Reds and Bengals games with his dad and is much better company than I could ever be.  You know-because he actually gets the games and knows every detail where as I enjoy people watching and cheering at big moments of the games.

He is also a pretty smart kid.  He loves reading, which I am so thankful for.  Every night, when I check on my boys before going to sleep, he is sprawled out in bed, surrounded by books.  (And surrounded by stuffed animals...and football/baseball/soccer guys...)  I actually had another mom from school tell me that her son keeps working hard at reading because he wants to catch up to Caleb.  What an amazing thing to be told.

Something that I love about Caleb is how kind he is to his friends.  Sure, he can totally be a typical boy and wrestle them to the ground (even if it's at church and the friend has no idea it is coming), but he loves his friends and talks about them a lot.

He is also super patient with Noah.  Probably more patient than I am, honestly.  I know that patience comes from this little trick-the moment Caleb gets home from school, he goes directly to his room to change his clothes and he locks himself in his room for awhile.  He takes some time to just play by himself, uninterrupted by his little brother.  As long as he has that time, he is great for the rest of the evening.  If he does not get that time, Lord help us all.

It is actually a good lesson-we all need some quiet time to make it through the day.

Happy Birthday to my amazing and "growing up too quickly" Caleb Paul.  I love you more than you can ever imagine.

No comments: