The Kids

The Kids

Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Greater Generation

I have learned that I have a lot to live up to in my daughter's eyes. Within the past couple of days, this is what I have heard from her in comparison to her grandmas.

Abby: "Mommy, I really want this princess cake for my birthday! Can you make it?"
Me: "Well, I have never made one like this before, but I can try."
Abby: "That's okay-Grammy will know how to make it."

Abby: "Mommy, can you throw a grape up in the air and catch it in your mouth?"
Me: (After trying and failing) "No."
Abby: "Well, my Grandma can do it!"

Okay, so I am just not as good as my mom and mother-in-law. I guess I will just have to accept this and do my best. Maybe someday Abby's children will hold me on such a pedestal.

1 comment:

MandMStudio said...

Grandma's can do everything...that's what my 2 kids think too.:)