The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lessons I Might Want To Teach My Children

Abby was playing soccer in the house the other day, going up against her dad. When Nick managed to score a goal on her (i.e. kicking the ball against our front door), she yelled, "No, I'm supposed to score the goals-not you! I quit!" Then she stomped off into another room to sulk.

Perhaps I should teaching her a little bit about teamwork and patience?

My sister-in-law recently came over to watch the kids and did not receive the usual greeting from her nephew. Caleb walked up to her, reached in his diaper to pull something out, and said, "Look Amy! It's my _____(insert the proper anatomy here)!"

So, maybe, with him, I should be working on manners and what is proper?

I swear-I really do try to be a good parent.

1 comment:

Lexi Elizabeth said...

Parenting isn't as easy as it looks. They'll learn in time all the things about teamwork and manners, patience and love. From this blog, I can tell that you're teaching these children just right.