The Kids

The Kids

Friday, July 24, 2009

God Unchanging

Camp Lambec has been a huge part of my life since I was ten years old. I spent seven years at Music Camp as a camper, worked on the permanent staff for two summers, and have been a volunteer counselor for ten years. Needless to say, I can look around that camp and find memories on almost every inch of the land.

This year, I found much joy in seeing my kids walk the camp, making their own memories. I suddenly felt my age when I saw their steps replacing some of my most vivid recollections.

I saw them run to the fence at the end of the camp which has a spectacular view of Lake Erie. As a camper, that was my favorite thing to look at when my feet hit the property. While at the lake, Abby suddenly needed to use the bathroom. As we ran through the trail in the woods to reach the bathhouse in time, my thoughts flashed to when I stood there and had my first kiss. While they ran around to look at more exciting things, my eyes focused on the old stump where I sat 21 years ago and made a commitment to Jesus as my Lord and Savior.

Lambec has seen so many people come through its (used to be white) fence, each with their own personalities and memories. The only thing that remains the same is the Creator the camp is designed to worship. Without such grace, it would only be another piece of lakefront property. But, because of who He is, lives are changed through His unchanging love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee Tammy, beautifully written, made the trip to Erie worthwhile! ( I don't think I ever saw the stump, make sure I do next time!