The Kids

The Kids

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Who Needs Toys?

Reasons Why My Children Do Not Need More Toys:

They started off as babies who found my tupperware drawer much more fascinating than their toy box.

The days I change the paper towel roll in the kitchen bring great excitement as they claim their new sword or telescope.

Their current toys are only exciting when I either reorganize them/put them neatly away or when I start my garage sale pile.

Who needs toys when jumping on my bed like the five little monkeys brings tears of laughter?

They are content to look at the clouds and find shapes-most recently Caleb claimed he saw Thomas the Engine. Really-just shouted it out while in the car.

To make one of them want to play with a toy, all I have to do is give it to the other one. Suddenly, that item becomes the best thing in the whole entire world.

The days I mop the kitchen floor and move the chairs into the living room are cause for adventure as they build tents and "dark, dark rooms."

A flashlight brings amusement to all for hours.

And my personal favorite-the other day they literally fought over who got to play with the fly swatter. I really wish I was kidding.

No comments: