The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

11 Months

Noah turned 11 months old the other day.  Yep, he is getting old.

He knows how to walk, but just does not want to.  He likes to take a step toward me and then fall into my arms.  He stands around a lot so I know he knows how to walk, but life seems much easier for him when he crawls.  His speed is ridiculous.  Within seconds, he crawls to exactly where I do not want him to crawl.

This little guy has also mastered the stairs.  He never practiced on them, but the other day, I found him halfway up the stairs.  After I recovered from my stroke, I carefully walked down toward him, so as not to scare him into falling.

(If you are new to this blog and never read about Caleb's fall, go back to beginning and check out why I have such a fear of kids and stairs.)

So, now that my super fast boy thinks the stairs are fun, we have officially moved the ottoman to the bottom of the staircase to block him from going up.  Yes, I have heard of gates, but the ottoman does not ruin my walls like the gate did.  I do let Noah climb all the way up when I am following him and once he reaches the top, he raises his hands in celebration and then claps.

He is pretty proud of himself.

Something I could live without-screeching.  He can communicate words like, "Mommy, Daddy, Uh-Oh, Thank you," and other sweet sounding words.  So I am confused on why he thinks he needs to screech at a high pitched sound to get my attention.  My head is literally aching every night.

I guess it is one of those things that we parents like to forget about.  Kind of like how a mother forgets the pain of childbirth (kind of) enough to want to go through it again.  We must forget irritating stages (like screeching) and remember all of the sweet moments.  Otherwise, all families would consist of one child.

Noah loves food.  All kinds of food.  He tolerates me feeding him yogurt, but other than that, he wants to be feeding himself.  He eats food like his brother does-he shovels it.  Sometimes I see the look on Abby's face when she is sitting between her brothers at dinnertime-it is a look combined of disgust and "How did I get here?"

He is a lot of fun to play with now.  Caleb crawls around and Noah chases him.  The kids also love to push him in the dumptruck as you can see on this video. 

He is such the third kid.

Noah continues to be really attached to me, which is sometimes frustrating, but usually very sweet.  Before I know it, he will be too busy for me.  I want to enjoy this cuddling baby as long as I can.

No comments: