The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Reading Boy

It is official-Caleb is a reader.

I noticed it a few weeks ago, when he was "reading" a story to me.  Considering he had heard that particular book plenty of times, I figured it was a matter of memorizing.  But, I finally paid attention and realized that he was actually reading the words.

He has read lots of new stories to me, sounding out each word and proudly looking at me for approval.  He is also reading commercials, billboards and toy magazines.

Okay, so maybe all this reading is not always the best thing.

Seriously, though, I am so proud of him.  And I am thankful to his teachers.  As my sometimes lost in the middle kid, I know that I have not been spending as much time reading books with him as I did with Abby.  Somehow, he has still discovered a love for reading and I could not be happier.

I will use this as a reminder to stop what I am doing and read with Noah when he brings books to me.  Well, it might be more helpful if he did not throw his wooden books at me every time he has the urge to read.

My children need new book shelves-they are running out of room.  It is a good problem to have.

No comments: