The Kids

The Kids

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Look Who is 862!

I believe I am sitting down for the first time in a few days thanks to these crazy kids and their birthdays.  Whose idea was it to have them all born during the same week of the month? 

Oh wait, I suppose Nick and I had something to do with that.

Anyway, the annual birthday bash was a success.  God answered my prayers (truly, on my knees all week, begging for sunny skies) and blessed the day with sun and warmer than expected weather.  It was a perfect fall day, the kids ran around and had fun, and my children celebrated another year.

As they sat in line for their cake, one party guest innocently asked, "Who is 862?"  Oh sweetie, that would be Abby turning 8, Caleb turning 6 and Noah turning 2. 

All of which are ages that are shocking to me.

Abby is eight years old?  Really?  And since when did Caleb get so tall and become six?  And Noah will be two this week?  Are you kidding me?

I miss my babies.

I saw a friend with her baby during the party and heard the sweet coos coming from her mouth.  It made me yearn for the baby phase again.

Then, a few minutes later, the parents were frustrated because the park did not have warm water for the bottle and the baby was screaming and one of them had to leave to find hot water and...

...I was good with my eight, six and two year olds.

I am enjoying the ages that they are at so much right now.  All of the things that Abby and Caleb are learning at school, the friendships that they are building, their sense of humor, watching them play sports-it is all a blessing.  And Noah-that little character is reaching the age where he just cracks us all up.  Every day brings a new surprise of what one of these kids will do or say.

Happy Birthday to my kids!  I love you so much!

No comments: