The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Good Memory

The other day, Abby did the motion with her hands that means Jesus. She pointed one index finger to her palm and then the other index finger to the opposite palm. She knew it meant Jesus (thank to the songs with motions that she has learned at church and school), but did not understand why.

I explained to her that when Jesus died on the cross for our sins, He had nails put through His hands and feet to keep Him on the cross. When we point to our palms, we remember what He went through for us.

She thought about that for a moment and then said, "But Jesus was so strong that He couldn't stay on the cross." She went on to say that her teacher told her that and how Jesus is alive. Then she said, "I just like to think about that memory-it makes me feel good."

How often do I just stop and think about what Jesus has done? Am I so busy doing things for Him that I forget to simply thank Him? How do I let myself get so dragged down by the daily stresses of life when I actually know the Savior of the world and get to spend eternity with Him?

No comments: