The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Creativity

I have never been one to come up with creative things for the kids to do. 

When Abby was a baby, I remember visiting a friend who had a daughter that was Abby's age now.  I walked into her living room, and there was a string tied across the room, with decorations hanging from it.  Her daughter was finding her inner artist and decorating the house.  I remember thinking, "Wow, I do not have the energy for that part of parenting."

Thankfully, my children have learned to be creative on their own.  My cozy "reading room" loft is now their art area.  And, judging from the video here, they find adventure in something as simple as a box.

While Nick and I were hard at work, putting together our new gazebo for the backyard, they decided to make an airplane out of the box. 

My hope is that they will continue to work together and get along this well all summer.

I am sure that will happen.

No comments: