The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Caleb's 5th Birthday

My little boy is five-years old.  Little Caleb Paul, who is loving life, is actually five.

He got to start his day by having Fruit Loops for breakfast.  Not exactly the breakfast of champions, but a treat that helped him out of bed.  The words "fruit loops" actually motivated his usually tired and grumpy self out of bed with me only having to call his name three times instead of ten.

I stopped by his pre-school class to deliver his birthday treat.  His entire class was very excited about their pumpkin shaped cookies and I am sure his teachers were even more thrilled about the sugar.  A bunch of four-year olds hyped up on sugar-sounds perfect.

He also had another surprise in store.  His daddy picked him up from school.  Not only that, his daddy then took him to meet me at LaRosa's for lunch.  He was pretty excited.

Dinner was of his choosing so of course he chose the dinner of champions-hot dogs.  Anything in the world to eat and that is what he chose.  Sounds perfect.

Add on some Wii, some outdoor baseball, and extra dessert, and I do believe that he had a great day.

Words cannot express how much I love this boy.  He has his irrational moments (especially in competitve situations), but who doesn't?  He is full of energy and love.  He will swing the baseball bat around the house one moment, then sit and draw a picture for me in the next moment.  He is a wonderful big brother to Noah and loyal to his friends.  He is so close to reading, does better math than I do, and loves to learn.

And all of my faithful readers love his Calebisms.  The child is never boring.

Happy Birthday, sweet Caleb.  You have blessed my life is more ways than you will ever know.

No comments: