The Kids

The Kids

Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Boys' Room

Boys are kind of gross.

Every morning, when I open the door to Caleb and Noah's room, I am greeted by an overwhelming scent of urine.  Sometimes, Noah gives me an extra treat by adding a poopy diaper to the mix.

Seriously, what is up with the smells?  Even when Abby was in diapers, I do not remember her room stinking like that.

It does not help that Caleb still wears pull-ups to bed.  The child physically cannot wake up to anything, especially his own bladder.  Between him and Noah, I do not know how they both tend to sleep in-doesn't the smell wake them up in the middle of the night?

Even without the stench, their room is always a mess, too.  Okay, so that is mostly Caleb's fault.  After all, the one-year old is not exactly playing in there every afternoon.  Every morning, I risk my life to attempt to walk into their closet to seek out clothes.  I never know what I am going to fall over on my way in.

Not only is it stinky and messy, it is also a little scary.  Caleb keeps collecting these fake spiders.  Thanks to trick-or-treating at King's Island and goodie bags at parties and soccer, he has quite a group of fake insects.  I would not mind so much if he put them away when he was done, but, as I mentioned before, he is not known for picking up his toys very well.  I cannot keep track of how many near heart attacks I have suffered thinking that I was about to step on a real spider.

Do they have to make them look so real?

As an added bonus, he left one on the stairs the other night.  Yep, almost fell down the entire flight of stairs trying to escape the rubber insect.

I love my boys, but I will admit that I prefer walking into Abby's room-it is the color of lilacs and has dolls and pretty pillows and jewerly.  Even when she leaves things out, it is still comforting somehow.

Oh well.  I guess the smiles that I receive from my boys in the morning make the bad smells worth it.

Usually.

No comments: