The Kids

The Kids

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Happy 7th Birthday

Seven years?  My Abby has really been around for seven years?

Seven is one of those ages that has always seemed to mark a significant point in life.  No longer a baby or a toddler or a pre-schooler, but an actual kid.  Abby is not just a cute little girl, but a kid.  I cannot think of another word to describe the age, but "kid." 

Eventually, she will grow into a more detailed age.  Pre-teen.  Not looking forward to that.  Or the teen years.

But, I am skipping ahead.  Today, my little Abby turned seven-years old and I love her more every day.

She is doing so well in 1st grade.  She enjoys her friends and has such a heart for people.  Her favorite things to do when she gets home is to play with her dolls, especially her American Girl dolls, and to read.  Gone are the days of reading little books.  She flies through her American Girl chapter books and her library books.  She has been working on my collection of Little House on the Prairie books.  She keeps asking to read Harry Potter.  Sorry, Abby, in a few more years.

The girl is also loving soccer.  I know it is early in her career, but I see her as a great mid-fielder.  She already talks about wanting to play in the World Cup. 

Abby is also really sweet with her brothers.  Okay, I will be honest.  She is really sweet with Noah.  She tolerates Caleb.  I do not have the heart to break it to her that Noah will eventually bug her just like Caleb does.  I will enjoy her tender heart toward Noah as long as I can.

I have been blessed with such a dear, little girl.  Happy 7th Birthday, Abigail Grace.  I love you, sweet girl.

No comments: