The Kids

The Kids

Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday, Caleb!

Happy Birthday to my beautiful son! I cannot believe you are three years old today-I guess I should stop calling you my baby boy now. But, I won't.
My favorite things about you...

-You love to laugh and make jokes. When you throw your head back with a really, big laugh-it brings joy to those around you. You are always looking for goofy things to do or say at the most random times.

-You give the best hugs and kisses. Even at your big boy age, you never miss the chance to sit and snuggle with us. You even give your sister hugs and kisses-we'll see how long that lasts.

-You love your extended family. It makes me proud when you give all our family members big smiles and hugs, even when you have not seen some of them in awhile.

-I am so proud of you this past weekend for being such a good Ring Bearer in your Aunt Amy's wedding. You held my hand and calmly walked (not ran) down the aisle. Sure, you took your tuxedo jacket off and threw down the ring pillow ahead of time, but still-you walked with determination toward the lollipop that was waiting with Grandma. You still brought tears to my eyes.

-You are so content to just sit and play. You could stay home all day and never need a thing but your cars and trains (and food). I know having a big sister who we have to take to school every day gets in your way of your desire for staying home, but you are such a trooper. Thank you for going with the flow and not crying every time we leave.

I could go on and on about my love for you, but by the time you are old enough to read this, you will already be rolling your eyes and saying, "Oh, mom." I can accept that. So, on this day, your 3rd birthday, let me just say I love you and I always will.

No comments: