The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tackle

Sometimes Caleb forgets that Noah is slightly smaller than him.  He randomly tackles him to the floor (usually gently) and wrestles with him.  Normally, Noah, being the typical third kid, goes with the flow.  He giggles and eventually fusses if Caleb is annoying him too much.

Yesterday, however, Caleb went a little too far.

I was sitting on the couch, trying to recover from this ridiculous stomach thing, with Noah sitting on the floor next to me.  He was quietly (for once) looking through a book, while Caleb was running around, throwing a football in the air to himself.

All of a sudden, I saw a flash of something running past me and saw Noah hit the floor-hard.

Caleb, in his excitement of the game, completely took out Noah in his efforts to score the winning touchdown.

Have you ever seen the previews for the television show Grimm?  They show a girl running in the woods, she pauses to look at something, and before you can see what takes her, she is gone. 

Or the episode of Frasier, where Niles proposes to Daphne.  As the trumpet player is about the ruin the moment, Frasier tackles him within seconds.

Yeah, it looked a lot like those scenarios.

As I held and rocked my screaming baby, I could tell that Caleb felt awful.  He truly did not see Noah there because his constant apologies were heartfelt.  He kept trying to kiss and hug Noah, who, of course, kept pushing him away. 

All was well thirty seconds later when Noah left my arms, attempting to grab my laptop.  Guess he survived the trauma.

I have a feeling that my life with boys will just get more and more fun the bigger that they get.

No comments: