The Kids

The Kids

Monday, January 9, 2012

Tammy's Cookies

Okay, so I did not come up with this recipe, but anyone who comes our house or invites us to theirs expects "Tammy's Cookies."  Truthfully, my best friend passed on this recipe to me and I have no idea where she got it from, but here is a recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies-ever.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks of butter
¼ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 small package of instant pudding (vanilla or chocolate-I usually use
          vanilla)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 package of chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375.  Combine flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.  Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and pudding mix.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Slowly add flour mixture.  Then add chocolate chips.  Drop by spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes then cool on a wire rack.

Now, others have used this recipe from me and claimed that I am keeping a secret ingredient from them.  I promise you, I am not.  This is the exact way that I make the cookies.  A couple of things that work for me that might work for you...

-I was given one of my favorite bridal gifts ten years ago-my Kitchen Aid.  Best mixer in the world.
-Use butter!  Some of you may want to use margarine...butter is always best for baking.
-I take my cookies out of the oven pretty much at 8 minutes.  That works best for our stove.  Sometimes I let them cook on the sheet for a few extra seconds.

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

If it was not 9m and I actually had a pudding package, I would be making these now! Thanks for sharing!